Sunday, May 09, 2010

More Thailand and now back in Sydney

Arrived in Sydney on on Friday (7th), all going well so far. Wrote the following a few days ago...


Right, thought I’d better write something about the last few weeks as tomorrow I’m leaving Thailand for Australia.

Unfortunately I have not taken too many pictures as I spent most of the last few weeks underwater. I passed my PADI open water and advanced open water scuba diving courses on Koh Tao. Stayed and took my courses with BANS diving, apparently they are the busiest dive school in the world, I thought the teaching was really good with 1 teacher to 4 students when diving. Koh Tao is a really nice, has tons of nice sandy beaches and nice cheap restaurants and accommodation. Perhaps most importantly it has tons of dive sites surrounding the little island making it a really cheap place to learn.

Anyway, course took me until about the 25th April when I left for Ko Phangnan, stayed for a few days until after the full moon party but after Koh Tao it did not seem like such a nice place. Full moon party was fun but not quite my thing really so went back to Koh Tao on the 29th.

Had just under a week left, BANS was booked up so staying at place more or less next door. As learnt at BANS they gave me a discount to diving so went most days. Left for 1 night on Ko Samui today. Staying at nice hotel but right under flight path for airport, can see people in the plane windows when they land!

Just gone through my photos and don’t have much to upload. Think I have a few photos that others took, so will try and find and upload those too.

No comments: